Tulsa’s News On 6 ran a story last night on the tragic cases of several children in the custody of Oklahoma’s extremely dangerous child welfare system — children who had been the subject of at least one confirmed report of abuse or neglect in foster homes that the state should have been monitoring carefully, and who died when child welfare officials failed to heed the warning signs.
The stories are graphic, and they are grim. But they are important in understanding why we must keep up our long-running battle to secure a court-enforceable commitment to reform the Oklahoma child welfare system for all of the many thousands of abused and neglected children statewide who have nowhere else to turn for help.
Watch the video. Get angry. And get involved.
- Read about our efforts to reform Oklahoma child welfare.
- Learn how you can support our work on behalf of abused and neglected kids nationwide.
- Sign up to receive important e-mail updates about our ongoing reform campaigns.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Spread the word: tell your friends that you are ONE who stands up for American’s abused, neglected, and foster/adopted youth — and encourage them to BE ONE TOO.