Finance/Accounting Intern (Spring 2019)
About Children’s Rights
Every day, children are harmed by America’s broken child welfare, juvenile justice, education, and healthcare systems. Through relentless strategic advocacy and legal action, we hold governments accountable for keeping kids safe and healthy. Children’s Rights has made a lasting impact, protecting hundreds of thousands of vulnerable children and we are poised to help millions more.
Children’s Rights is seeking a highly motivated and organized Finance/Accounting intern (unpaid). The Finance/Accounting intern will assist the finance department with a wide range of day to day responsibilities and projects and learn the practical application of accounting principles.
- Analyze expenses in conjunction with the month-end close.
- Perform reconciliation of general ledger contributions and fundraising database.
- Assist with data collection.
- Organize and assist with maintaining relevant accounting details and files.
- Assist with monthly Amex reconciliation (creating expense sheets, following up on late reports, reviewing receipts)
- Provide administrative support such as scanning and filing documents.
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Junior or Senior level students currently pursuing an Accounting, Business or Finance degree required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel).
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- High level of attention to detail and meticulous follow through.
- Ability to ask questions when needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available to work 10 – 15 hours per week•
Please note: While this in an unpaid internship position, Children’s Rights is happy to help interns secure funding from their school or course credit.
Children’s Rights is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, protected veterans, LGBTQI and gender non-conforming people.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and college transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) by January 4, 2019. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. While emailed applications are preferred, you may also submit your materials by postal mail, addressed to Marjorie McAndrews at 88 Pine Street, Suite 800, New York, NY 10005.
We are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible. We are also open to extending the opportunity past the end date. Please indicate your earliest availability in your application materials.