Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
Every day, children are harmed by America’s broken child welfare, juvenile justice, education, and healthcare systems. Through relentless strategic advocacy and legal action, we hold governments accountable for keeping kids safe and healthy. Children’s Rights has made a lasting impact, protecting hundreds of thousands of vulnerable children, and we are poised to help millions more.
With a 20-year track record in the area of foster care reform, Children’s Rights is expanding its mission to protect more kids from abuse and neglect, including kids who are prescribed dangerous psychotropic drugs without adequate oversight, LGBTQ youth subjected to discrimination, abuse and neglect, and children in juvenile detention whose constitutional rights are ignored.
Children’s Rights seeks a Digital Marketing and Communications Manager to bring creativity, strong writing skills, a mastery of digital channels, and a keen design eye to the organization’s marketing, communications, and fundraising efforts. This position will report to the Communications Director and work closely with the development team on all digital fundraising efforts and donor stewardship materials.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager will be an integral part of the collaborative, energetic, optimistic, creative and hardworking Children Rights team, and be a key player in reforming one of the most urgent social inequities of our time.
- Draft, design, send e-blasts, digital newsletters, annual reports, fact sheets, brochures and other marketing and fundraising materials.
- Update, manage and maintain CR website: draft/edit, design and post compelling, relevant, brand-aligned content, such as news items, blogs, infographics, audio and video content.
- Draft, manage and populate social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- In conjunction with fundraising team, develop and run donor-focused email marketing fundraising campaigns using Blackbaud’s Luminate Convio platform. Implement strategies to achieve higher click-through/open rates. Drive analytics research and tracking for website, e-blasts and social properties. Manage search engine optimization strategies.
- Develop and design materials to forge and deepen supporter relationships, including decks and presentations for the Board of Directors and donors, event invitations and reports.
- Liaise with external consultants regularly, including: digital marketing firm to optimize on-line fundraising; external graphic designers as needed and software engineers to ensure timeliness of special projects.
- Manage Fostering the Future Campaign during National Foster Care Awareness Month in May. Identify and interview current and former foster youth who were affected in state systems, as well as child advocates, and other stakeholders to develop compelling content.
- Monitor and maintain archive of media mentions; prepare summaries of relevant coverage for distribution to staff and board members.
The ideal candidate will bring the following qualifications to Children’s Rights:
- 5 or more years of marketing experience and strong writing and editing skills with an ability to draft sharp, concise content and distill complex issues into vivid, understandable language.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the following or similar digital platforms and tools: WordPress-based websites, Luminate/Convio email marketing system, Google Analytics and other analytics programs, the full Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and all social media channels.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be proactive, extremely organized, efficient and manage multiple projects under deadline pressure with great accuracy; strong project management skills and ability to manage external consultants.
- Experience in child welfare and/or legal advocacy is a plus.
Please submit your cover letter, resumé, writing and design samples to Susan Reeves at HR@childrensrights.org by February 14, 2020.
Due to the high volume of submissions, only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Children’s Rights is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people.